- Year-over-year the is Yen down 21.82% vs. the US Dollar
- Japanese consumer prices are still falling
- Imports jumped 9.4%, up for a sixth straight month
- Exports up 3.8%
- Trade balance negative for 10 straight months
- Largest April trade deficit since 1979
People think Shinzo Abe is a hero because the Nikkei is up.
I think Abe is an absolute economic nutcase who is going to create a currency crisis in Japan if he succeeds in changing the constitution like he desires (and quite possibly even if he doesn’t).